Grands Sites, South West
“Your most beautiful stories are born here”
The new slogan of the Occitanie region and well representative of the region.
These are 40 major sites in Occitania, considered emblematic in villages, towns, mountains and the sea.
Staying in our guest rooms, discover some great sites located between 1h and 2h drive from the Domaine du Buc.
There are places, atmospheres, landscapes that we always remember. Villages, cities, sites that we are surprised to discover and where we are happy to return. This is the case of Toulouse, Rocamadour, Conques or the circus of Gavarnie, magical decorations of a day or a longer stay. The Occitan region has 40 great sites to visit because they are revealing of its history, its beauty but also its desire to receive.
The 40 “big sites” Occitanie
– Ariège: Foix-Montségur, the caves of Niaux and Mas-d’Azil.
– Aude: Narbonne, Carcassonne.
– Aveyron: Conques, Rodez, Millau-Roquefort, gorges of Aveyron.
– Gard: Nimes-Pont du Gard, Aigues-Mortes-Camargue.
– Gers: Auch, Marciac, cities and Abbey of Armagnac.
– Haute-Garonne: Luchon, Toulouse, Saint Bertrand de Comminges.
– Hautes-Pyrenees: Lourdes, Gavarnie, Aure-Louron, Pic du Midi.
– Hérault: Hérault gorges, Navacelles-Lodève circus, Sète, La Grande Motte, Agde Canal du Midi-Béziers.
– Lot: Cahors, Rocamadour, Dordogne Valley, Figeac.
– Lozère: The Cevennes, Mende, Gorges du Tarn.
– Eastern Pyrenees: Canigou, Collioure, Perpignan.
– Tarn: Albi, Canal du Midi, Cordes-sur-ciel.
– Tarn-et-Garonne: Moissac, Montauban.
A region Occitanie, rich of an exceptional natural and cultural inheritance, to discover while staying in our rooms of hosts.
Toulouse is a 1 hour drive, Carcassonne at 1:30, Millau at 1:45, (Photos credit, D.Viet)